Interior Design Mood Board: 2022



As an introduction to The Homebody Space, I curated a mood board of my biggest interior design influences through social media. I wanted to show a glimpse of the design trends I'm currently loving and the overall aesthetic I aim to achieve in my future home. You may notice that I pull much of my inspiration from Japandi, midcentury modern, and Scandinavian influences, which will essentially serve as the overarching themes of this post.

Anthology Creative Studio

Anthology Creative Studio is a collection of interior design projects encompassing styles that range from Scandinavian and Wabi-Sabi to monochromatic and classical. It's one of my absolute favorite Instagram accounts to pull inspiration from when I want to learn how to create harmony in a space. The creative geniuses behind the projects must be masters of curved architecture because look at all these dynamic elements! The arched entryways, grand spiral staircase, oval-shaped fluted counters, and wavy travertine pieces are to die for. While this style is probably impractical and unattainable for me and isn't exactly what I want my cozy home to look like, there's something so pleasant and graceful about these curations that inspire me.

Arvin Olano

Speaking of luxurious, tasteful interior design trends, Arvin Olano's style is exactly that ⏤ neutrals, curves, and organic textures on a hefty budget. Similar to Anthology Creative Studio, these pieces are undoubtedly luxury items that I likely can't afford at this time, but at least they're great sources of inspiration. Arvin's taste is the perfect mix of elegant and cozy. I love the way he mixes neutral organic textures with bold accents like the velvet chair and pop of red florals. And this custom marble coffee table? Stunning. It's truly the dream office space.

Loft208

Now for the more affordable, attainable aesthetic, Lisa from loft208 truly made the most of her small London flat. Through several upcycled DIYs and her own artistic touches, she's able to achieve luxury interiors on a budget. She's also the queen of limewash! If there's any home DIY skill I want to master (besides woodwork), it's how to seamlessly limewash an entire space. I always look to her for inspiration when I want to add Wabi-Sabi elements to my home. Her use of organic objects makes her space look so warm and cohesive.

Yuliya Mostovshchikova

I recently discovered @yumost.design on Instagram and I'm absolutely in awe of her dining area and kitchen. The luxurious aesthetic reminds me of Anthology Creative Studio's curations, which again, isn't quite attainable for me yet, but it's surely an incredible source of inspiration as well. The neutral marbled cabinets are absolutely stunning, and after seeing this fluted oval dining table, I've been on a relentless hunt to find one just like it but with an affordable price tag. This space is the perfect marriage of Japandi and Wabi-Sabi designs.

Form Los Angeles

While on the fluted dining table note, these travertine pieces are such a dream. If money wasn't a barrier, my future home would undoubtedly be decked out in Form Los Angeles furniture. If you haven't noticed yet, travertine is my current obsession. There's something about its organic, neutral, and imperfect texture that no other material embodies. The quality is transcendent, which is why most travertine pieces are vintage ⏤ they're meant to last decades and decades. It would be an absolute dream to own a piece from this store.

That wraps up my 2022 Interior Design Mood Board! Let me know which one was your favorite! This year's trends truly just speak to my soul way more than the previous ones. I'm glad the interior design community is moving more towards timeless, sustainable living. As I dream about styling my future home like these incredible designers, I aim to selectively collect pieces that reduce my carbon footprint and will last me a lifetime.

I hope this board influenced you to transform your current space into a home that makes you feel safe and inspired!

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment